Sunday, January 22, 2012


Hello hello!

So this post is about how INSPIRED I feel right now! My birthday is around the corner (February 6th) and on that note I have been boggling my mind over what I want to do with my friends!

The result however has lead me searching Toronto and running into festivals and events that I want to go to or attend for hobby reasons!


See a local artist every monday for 6 weeks and have lunch with them. Why do it? Well why the hell not! Go contemplate something!

My scavenging of whatever-ness also lead me to find a musician I LOVED watching live. His name is Rich Aucoin, and he is from Halifax, Nova Scotia. My first encounter with him was at a local venue where he opened up for [insert band name that I can't remember for the life of me]-anyways! If you like to move around and party, please support this man. He involves the audience non-stop in his sets with regards to singing, props and instruments.

My favourite was he brings a rainbow parachute to his concerts sometimes. You know the one- every kindergardeners daydream! You run under the parachute with your friends all at once and giggle uncontrollably. Imagine going to a concert where everyone you don't know is doing this with you. I promise by the end of it we we're all good friends and any awkward atmosphere that once existed was nowhere to be seen.

I lav him, he's so so exuberant, check him out and love it for yourself: www.myspace.com/richaucoin

Other than that, being a February baby, life is hard! We winter babies seriously need to put good thought into what the hell we can do while it's blizzarding out there (unlike you lucky summer bums)!

Initially I had a brilliant idea, genius even. Around my area there is a restaurant called Odd Fellows. They rent a private winnebago in the back of their store. Yes, you heard me- a winnebago. I told all my friends we were going on a little holiday (which in my opinion we were) and we would have a fun little dinner with some drinks on our super awesome lawn chairs. Great and dandy but they are closing!!!! :(. So plan down the drain...

So here's my list of ideas:

1) Skating dance with DJ (sounds epic, I know)
2) Tubing
3) 80's & 90's dance club
4) Weird/funky restaurant (what? I'm not sure.)
5) Music concert (what? I don't know either.)

And that's all I've got. Lame, I know. We'll see how things go and I'll let you know ;)

Anyways, that's all for now and if you have any ideas for me, please don't hesitate!

Peace out peeps!

Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment