Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Who am I? What am I? Where am I? Questions questions questions!

Hello! So if you've made it to my blog, thank you so much for your time! And I feel like I at least owe it to you to talk more about me and why I decided to make a blog! So here it is:

Firstly, my name is actually Antonietta, but almost everyone I know calls me Annie (I am half Italian and it is a tradition to carry down your grandmother's name). I am from Canada, and I am an eccentric odd-ball with a funny laugh, and a passion for the arts :). When I was a wee little child I was ALWAYS drawing and expressing myself through creativity whether it be painting (sadly sometimes on my grandmother's walls), singing, playing an instrument or wanting to act (I made a pretty ridiculous with from the Wizard of Oz when I was in grade 2). More so this year I was introduced to the wonderful world of DIY and all the beautiful blogs of people sharing new ideas and beautiful artwork! It really inspired me, as I'm sure many other people to do the same!


Why did I chose the name "A Purple Aura"? :o. Well if you believe in various ideas of spirituality, they say that everyone carries a different colored aura or atmosphere about them! I have always been told mine is purple, for self-expression and creativity. I felt like it was just coincidentally perfect for a blog name, and voila!

As you can see, I have created different tabs (recipes, music, inspirations, diy and life). More so during the Christmas break (which I am sure all of us are excited for!) I plan on posting some DIY's and some great Christmas recipes that are perfect for getting into the holiday spirit.

One of my deepest passions is also creating music and of course, listening! So I felt like it was important to incorporate. If you have read this far (which believe me, I know I can rant), then your reward is I will share a song that I am absolutely in love with right now.

The artists name is Lana Del Rey (Elizabeth Grant), and her song is called Video Games. First off (besides silly controversy over whether her lips are real or not), she does have a recorded version of this song, but I feel like the live performance was a lot more wholesome and personal. With little-to-no money, she spent her time writing a new album that was released this year. I enjoyed her album, but this song was specifically magical above all-else.

I hope you all enjoy!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOP2Yd_jpYQ

Take it easy :)

Annie

3 comments:

  1. I like your blog name, its neat!

    tasteslikelove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie,
    very nice to meet you! I love the color purple and i'm always intrigued by the chakras and auras. I believe they play an important part in our lives. I hope to get to know you better through your blog!

    xx
    chui
    http://elephantislove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice blog title, and great banner. wishing you all the best on your new blog... and newest follower here from usa!

    xoxo
    jasmine

    http://adamalexmommy.com

    ReplyDelete